Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane (GMT+10): 9am to 5pm
Adelaide (GMT+9.3): 8.30am to 4.30pm
Perth, Singapore, Malaysia (GMT+8): 7am to 3pm
New Zealand (GMT+12): 11am to 7pm
In the wake of high profile cases like the recent James Hardie decision, Centro and Fortescue Metal Groups, company directors and officers are left wondering what is next. With a raft of proposed legislative reform that seems to be placing more and more personal liability on the heads of directors and officers, it has never been more important to know your rights and obligations under the law.
The Directors and Officers Duties and Liabilities Masterclass, brings together the leading corporate lawyers in Australia for a 1 day intensive Masterclass designed to ensure the leaders of corporate Australia are well versed in the volatile and every-changing environment. This event presents the latest court findings and legislative changes in a way designed to ensure those who attend are ahead of the curve, taking back easily transferable best practice to the boardroom to protect their companies against litigation.
Claim up to 3 CPD points for full day attendance!
- Learn how the Australian courts view cases relating to corporate governance non-compliance
- Ensure effective due diligence at the board level
- Gain best practice insights to aide meeting your continuous disclosure obligations
- Understand how the courts are defining what constitutes an “officer” and a “director”
- Analyse the true impact of directors liability reform for corporate tax debts
- Mitigate the risk associated to director’s personal liability under the new Workplace Health and Safety Act
Who should attend?
- Board Members
- Managing Directors
- Company Secretary
- General Counsel
- Non-Executive Directors
- Clarifying The Definition Of Who Is A Director
- Examining How The Courts Are Defining Who Is An Officer
- Your Duties as a Director – Simplified
- Examining Directors Liability Under The Workplace Health And Safety Act
- Ensuring Effective Due Diligence at The Board Level
- Highlighting the consequences of misleading the Australian Stock Exchange
- Examining Directors Personal Liability For Corporate Tax Debts