While more workers can return to the office as COVID-19 workplace safety rules are relaxed, many people still prefer to work remotely for at least part of the time. In the new normal settings, organisations have increased the need for workplace flexibility and move flexibility to the forefront of organisations’ agendas. First of all, advancements in technological tools have make it possible for employees to work anytime and anywhere. At the same time, diminished boundaries between work and personal time lead to overwork. Secondly, globalization and the resulting shift toward operating across geographic and time boundaries have increased work commitments for many employees. In order to increase productivity without increasing headcount, employees have also expanded their work hours and are taking less vacation in order to respond to increasing demands. Additionally, demographic shifts—such as aging population in the workplace and the dramatic increase in dual-career couples in the workplace—have changed the profile of the typical employee and his/her work/life needs. In the midst of all of these trends, the new generation of employees comes to work with different expectations about what work means to them, the role it plays in their lives, and how work is defined. Crown Leadership International Group’s Flexible & Hybrid Workplaces Virtual Masterclass will bring together industry leaders to discuss pressing issues surrounding workplace flexibility in the new normal.
- Learn about your company’s flexibility policies, programs, and resources, and disseminate information to educate your employees about what is available.
- Develop strong and consistent messaging about flexibility as a work effectiveness tool, communicating your organization’s support for flexibility.
- Initiate open, honest discussions about workplace flexibility and effectiveness with your team, and empower your employees to suggest alternative ways of working to better address work/life needs.
- Evaluate management practices and challenge unspoken norms that reward “face-time” over results.
- Adapt organizational systems to ensure that performance is measured based on outcomes, not hours.
- Provide adequate organizational supports for managers and employees to work and manage more flexibly.
- Become a champion for working more flexibly and effectively. Demonstrate your commitment to improving work/life quality by role-modeling smart ways to work.
Who should attend?
Directors, Vice Presidents, Heads and Managers of:
- Human Resources
- Corporate and Organization Effectiveness
- Organizational Development
- Employee Relations
- Succession Planning
- Talent Management
- Corporate Recruiting
- Wholesales Recruiting
- Graduate Recruitment
- Training and Development
- Compensation and Benefits
- Talent Acquisition and Development
- Human Capital
- Development and Learning Management
- Reward and Recognition
- HR Transition Manager