Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane (GMT+10): 9am to 5pm
Adelaide (GMT+9:30): 8.30am to 4.30pm
Perth, Singapore, Malaysia (GMT+8): 7am to 3pm
New Zealand (GMT+12): 11am to 7pm
EA/PAs are at the heart of organisations, working side-by-side with chief executives and leaders, playing a key role in supporting decisions.
Ask any successful leader how they achieve their goals while battling a diary full of commitments, a deluge of emails and requests for their time, and most will say they couldn’t do it without their personal assistant.
Technology has replaced the typing pool, releasing PAs from routine clerical tasks and creating opportunities to take on new managerial responsibilities. Where a PA or secretary used to have a purely reactive role, they are now proactively finding new ways to improve processes and contribute to the goals of the organisation.
The support you provide as an EA/PA is vital to your organization’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. Today, most EA/PAs are expected to have leadership and management skills in order to set your own administrative priorities. In addition, you must have skills to manage all contacts, create, store and retrieve documents, plus a broad variety of other administrative skills. To do all of this successfully, you need to have strategic insight and be able to innovate better processes. At the same time, you must be tactical, process-oriented, and driven toward continuous improvement. This comprehensive “From EA/PA to Manager Masterclass” gives you a wide range of skills to help you handle any work challenge with greater confidence and effectiveness. Leave with an action plan of best practices to apply immediately on the job.
We have designed the content and course structure to help you transform from a competent PA/EA into a confident and authentic manager. You will develop skills to inspire confidence, command respect, build credibility and motivate others. You will be encouraged you to think differently – and you will emerge from this masterclass as a more effective and confident manager, ready to tackle the multi-faceted challenges of your role.
- Becoming an effective team leader and managing more professionally
- Creating a positive and harmonious working environment
- Enhancing working relationships with bosses, peers and secretaries/administrative assistants
- Maintaining peoples self-esteem and adopt win-win strategies
- Understanding where you should be applying management skills in your PA role
- Developing assertiveness necessary for today’s business climate
- How to use projects to implement corporate strategies
- Discover how to clarify expectations and gain the commitment you require right from the beginning
- Developing an effective people management style that works for you
- Building flexibility into your people management skills to get the best from different types of people
- Assess your leadership competencies as a PA and learn how you can develop your strengths
- Knowing the differences between aggressive, passive, assertive and manipulative behaviour styles
Who should attend?
- Administrative Managers
- Senior Principal/Principal Secretaries
- Confidential Secretaries
- Executive Secretaries
- Senior Personal/Special Assistant
- Personal Assistants
- Human Resources Managers
- Clerk of House of Assembly
- Special/Executive Asst.
- Enhancing Working Relationships with Bosses, Peers and Secretaries / Administrative Assistants
- Know the Tools in Excel and Word Needed to Be A Successful Professional Admin
- Project Management Principles for EA/PA
- Essential Management Skills for EA/PA
- Establishing Robust People Management Skills and Winning them Over to Your Side
- Developing Your Strengths as A Leader
- The Power of the Narrative: Shaping Your own Story
- The Forever Changing Role of a PA/EA Future Way of Working
- How to Take Criticisms and Give Constructive Criticisms Positively
- Don’t Wait for your Final 40 Minutes