Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane (GMT+10): 9am to 5pm
Adelaide (GMT+9.3): 8.30am to 4.30pm
Perth, Singapore, Malaysia (GMT+8): 7am to 3pm
New Zealand (GMT+12): 11am to 7pm
This masterclass will cover the major legal issues associated with difficult employees, and what managers should be doing to reduce the risk of legal claims (and to successfully defend them when they arise). This interactive workshop will address how to respond to and manage poor performance and misconduct (including sexual harassment), dismissal processes, and recent developments in workplace laws.
This masterclass will also look at how to protect the company’s goodwill against employee misbehaviour, both during employment and after an employee leaves. This will include the effective use of confidentiality and restraint of trade agreements. It will also cover what you can do when employees steal or misuse confidential information, or when former employees begin soliciting the company’s clients or customers.
This masterclass is particularly suitable for HR practitioners and senior managers, and offers valuable insights into how best to manage personal and business risk when dealing with difficult employees.
- Strategies for managing poor performance, including performance improvement plans and counselling
- Responding to employee misconduct, including conducting interviews, investigations and dealing with bullying and harassment claims
- Preventing – and responding to allegations of – allegations of sexual discrimination and harassment
- Complying with health and safety obligations associated with employee behaviour
- Processes for employee dismissal
- Reducing the risk of costly dismissal-related claims against you and the business, and managing those claims if/when they arise
- Updates on recent developments in workplace laws concerning employee behaviour
- Protecting the company’s goodwill: confidentiality and post-employment restraints
Who should attend?
- Human Resources
- Employee/Employment Relations
- Industrial Relations
- Workplace Relations
- People and Culture
- Senior Managers and Directors
- Legal risks to mitigate
- Responding to and managing poor performance
- Responding to and managing misconduct
- Protecting the company’s goodwill: confidentiality and post-employment