Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra (GMT+11): 9am to 5pm
Adelaide (GMT+10:30): 8.30am to 4.30pm
Brisbane (GMT+10):8am to 4pm
Perth, Singapore, Malaysia (GMT+8): 6am to 2pm
New Zealand (GMT+13): 11am to 7pm
Procurement functions within organisations have changed, moreover procurement has been a vital component of any business strategy, especially since the financial crisis of 2008-2009. But, more recently, businesses have increasingly looked to their procurement departments to improve margins and help deliver growth.
This masterclass seeks to explore what it is that makes procurement work now and what potentially procurement will look like in the future, especially in a world beyond COVID-19. The masterclass will work through examples of how value may be created, shared or destroyed in the sourcing process, and the internal and external interactions that are critical success factors. This masterclass aims to equip delegates with a range of tools, techniques and methods which procurement practitioners can deploy in order to manage and maximise the benefit of their procurement function in a way that creates value for their organisation.
- Describe the sourcing process and identify the ways in which value may be created or destroyed
- Deploy a range of tools and techniques to analyse both internal and external environments and reach appropriate interpretations about the significance and the meaning of the analysis
- Develop appropriate strategies to approach the supply market based upon a reconciliation of the internal and external environments
- Define value for money and design evaluation mechanisms to select the best offer in an agnostic and transparent way
- Design and deliver an appropriate sourcing process for the rigour of the category and the supply market
- Benchmark your organisation against best practices, and choose the practices right for you
- Examine the use of a Governance Charter – a best practice for contract management agreements
- Have your personal contract management style profiled and benchmarked, and see how the styles can affect your team and relationships with providers
Featuring Our Speakers
Sourcing and Vendor Management Exponent
Phill has extensive experience as a Procurement, Contracts Management, Operations, Commercial, Sourcing, and Vendor Management professional. He have worked across Information and Communication Technology; Transport; Logistics; Health and Community Services, Urban Precinct, Facilities Management; Operations; and Commercial Business environments in government, private and not-for-profit industry sectors and has managed at an organisational level, third party expenditure ensuring probity, integrity and value for money. Phill also has developed exemplary contract management, bid management and vendor management skills and honed exceptional stakeholder relationship management skills. He has extensive experience in successful business negotiations, relevant to organisational procurement functions. I have a deep understanding that effective commercial management, commercial performance and commercial capability can “value add” to any organisation.
Phill has a passion for promoting the procurement industry within various environments. He has been a member of the Australian Supply Chan and Logistics Association for 6 years. He was highly commended at the National Supply Chain Association Awards for work he undertook whilst employed by UnitingCare Queensland on the St Stephens Private Hospital in Hervey Bay, 2013. He has held committee responsibility for the Queensland component of the association, coordinated the association National Mentor Program and been on the association’s National Conference Committee.
Phill has also spoken at several industry forums. He was invited to speak at the National Health Procurement Conference in Melbourne 2013, chaired the National Finance and Procurement Conference in Sydney in 2014, guest speaker at the GovProcure conference in Canberra 2015, and was guest speaker at the National ICT Procurement Conference in 2017. Phill has also guest lectured at the University of Queensland on several occasions and was lead trainer for Crown Leadership in 2018 for a Category Management Master Class.
Phill is a family man, he has 4 children, twin teenagers, boy and girl aged 21 and 2 daughters aged 14 and 12. He also is passionate about Australian Rules Football, having played throughout his teenage years into his early 20’s before injury got the better of him. He has a love of Cricket which he continues to play and manages a team in a local over 40’s competition.
Who should attend?
- Procurement Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Purchasing Officers who are being groomed for advancement Managers
- Supply Chain Managers
- Operations Managers
- Operations Managers
- Production Managers
- Project Managers
- Import Operations Managers
- Export Operations Managers
- Opportunity analysis
- Stakeholder management
- Market analysis
- Market Approach
- How to engage
- Terms and Contract Negotiations